Transformation of applying driving license from the USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, S. Africa and Cyprus in the respective Greek one
Required supporting documents for the transformation of applying driving license from the USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, S. Africa and Cyprus in the respective Greek one
- Two health certificates (one issued by pathologist and one issued by an oculist) or Second Degree Medical Examination (DIE) document depending on the case, according to the stipulations applying at the time, defining the minimum conditions of physical and mental capacity that have to be met for the acquisition of the specified category driving license.
If the applicant is not insured, he must address to any State Hospital for the tests required.
- Copy of applying residence permit or other equivalent document
Provided the interested party is not of Greek nationality ), as these documents are specified by the stipulations applying at the time, from which it results that these have been issued at least 185 days prior to the submission of the application and they are still valid up to the day of receipt of the Greek driving license (If the interested party is a subject of a EU state member or of one of the states of Norway, Iceland and Lichtenstein, then instead of 185 days, 95 days are enough)
- Document of the Service issuing the permit
The document must contain all the details of the license and its holder and it must be certified that the said license is not kept by any authority of the state that issued it, due to any penalty (This document is forwarded to the respective Transport - Communication Service exclusively by mail through the Greek consulate, care of the applicant. Likewise, a translation of the document is required by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by lawyer or by the Consul of the local consular authority of the issuing country. In the latter case the validation of the Consul`s signature by the Greek Ministry of Foreign Affairs is required.)
- A recent identity card photo (color)
- Driving license
The possessed foreign driving license, which must be valid (the foreign license remains in the file of Transport - Communication Service and is returned to the applicant, provided the Greek license has been submitted)
- Two duty stamps of 45 € each (from National Bank of Greece)
- Copy of foreign passport since the interested party is not of Greek nationality or copy of both sides of the identity card
Required Service: Issue of passport
- Public Fund Receipt
- Application for modification of an applying driving license from the USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, S. Africa and Cyprus in the respective Greek one
- Translation of the foreign permit by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs or by lawyer
Citizens visit the KEP of their choice to apply for the transformation of applying driving license from the USA, Canada, Australia, Japan, S. Africa and Cyprus in the respective Greek one, presenting the required documentation.
The KEP employee receives and checks the documents that are presented by the citizen. If, during check, a missing or uncomplete document is discovered, the employee informs the citizen and refrains from submitting the Application.
The employee fills in the electronic Application and creates a new folder in the KEP Information System. The citizen has the possibility, if he wishes it, to declare his mobile phone number and thus to be informed by SMS for the complemetion of the request. Finally, the employee hands to the citizen a request submission certificate in which the number of the request file is written.
The Employee of the KEP sends to the Competent Entity the file of the case (which includes both the application and the supporting documents) in one of the accepted ways (email, fax, courier, post, etc).
The employee of the KEP receives the final Document immediately from the Competent Entity and notifies the citizen (via sms or telephone) for him to come and take it.
Citizens visit the KEP and receive the Greek driving license.