Issuing of seaman`s books (PD 260/2001)
Required supporting documents for issuing Seaman`s Books (PD 260/2001).
- Application for issuing a seaman`s book (PD 260/2001)
At the present application the candidate states that he has not the capacity of Civil or Military Servant, Employee of a legal person governed by public law or Socialized Organisation and he is neither a pensioner in one of the here-above bodies.
- Validated copy of Elementary School Certificate
- The certificate on basic cycle studies at the School of Rescuing and Fire Fighting Means must be presented within the time period of nine (9) months in order for the seaman`s booklet to apply.
- 8 recent photos
Photos must not be from an automatic machine.
- Chest x-ray only from a Public Hospital or from the Chest Institute (12 Averof Street) opposite the Polytechnic School, (6 months validity).
- Copy of the identity
Alternatively a Birth Certificate is presented.
- Duplicate Receipt 31.17 € (for Attica) or 41.17 € (for the rest of Greece) from the Public Fund
Official supporting documents
1) Applicants must have completed the 16th year of age and they must be no more than 40 years old , which is considered to be completed on December 31st of the year of inventory. 2) They must be holders of Preliminary School certificate. 3) They must not have been sentenced with imprisonment during the last 5 years. 4) They must not during the last ten years have been sentenced with imprisonment exceeding six months in total for smuggling, theft, fraud, on account of breaches of the stipulations on drugs and the protection of National Currency and on crimes against morals. 5) They must have graduated successfully from the basic cycle of studies at the School of Rescuing and Fire Fighting Means within nine (9) months from the issuing of the seaman`s book and in case of non presentation of the respective certificate the holder of the seaman`s booklet is deregistered. 6) They must be judged as CAPABLE by the Sanitary Committee of Registered Seamen and Sea Workers (YEANETH). 7) They must not have been convicted for crimes of article 1 P.D. 247/89 (Desertion or Unruliness in the army).
Citizens visit the KEP of their choice to apply for the issuing of seaman`s book (PD 260/2001), presenting the required documentation.
The KEP employee receives and checks the documents that are presented by the citizen. If, during check, a missing or uncomplete document is discovered, the employee informs the citizen and refrains from submitting the Application. If any document can be retrieved within the service, the employee begins the relevant procedure.
The employee fills in the electronic Application and creates a new folder in the KEP Information System. The citizen has the possibility, if he wishes it, to declare his mobile phone number and thus to be informed by SMS for the complemetion of the request. Finally, the employee hands to the citizen a request submission certificate in which the number of the request file and the KEP contact details are written.
The Employee of the KEP sends to the Competent Entity the file of the case (which includes both the application and the supporting documents) in one of the accepted ways (email, fax, courier, post, etc).
The employee of the KEP receives the final Document immediately from the Competent Entity and notifies the citizen (via sms or telephone) for him to come and take it.
Citizens visit the KEP and receive the seaman`s book (PD 260/2001).
Notes and Clarifications
a) Every Tuesday and Friday Medical examinations are done at 88 Notara Street, Piraeus (Sanitary Committee of Registered Seamen and Sea Workers) (YEANETH). b) The examined seamen pass firstly by the 18 ΙΙnd Merarhias Street, 8th Floor during working days 08:30-13.00 in order to receive referrals for the doctors. They must have with them : (a) Chest x-ray, (b) Deposit of the Greek State 31.17 €, (c) Copy of Criminal Record for general use, (d) two photos and for those who have served, army certificate or military status certificate type Α or deferral certificate. c) The submission of the supporting documents is done every day 08.30 - 13.00 following the lapse of three (3) days from the examination day and the applicant is referred to the School of Rescue and Fire Fighting Means of ASPROPYRGOS or MACEDONIA in order to acquire the degree of basic studies cycle. d) After the presentation of the degree of Rescuing - Fire fighting means a Seaman`s Book is issued, provided the applicant has paid the amount of twenty (20) €. e)The text of the solemn declaration : «not the capacity of Civil or Military Servant, Employee of a legal person governed by public law or Socialized Organisation and I have not been supplied in the past with another seaman`s book. LEGAL TYPE AND LEGAL REMEDIES: In case the interested party is judged sanitation wise to be inappropriate the same may rise an issue to the Higher Sanitary Committee (ΑΝΥΕ) within a three months period from the decision of the court of first instance.